Tuesday 13 September 2011

Why I love K Murdock (part 1)

A few months ago now-I found myself watching K Murdock doing a live stream on Ustream. I was one of about 15 people in the chat room (least at first). He was as ever  approachable giving us all shouts and asking for a bit of feedback. He mentioned the Crossrhodes project and try as I could I couldn't quite bring myself to say anything. I was in fact rather shy because I think the track Balance is so perfect, so awesome. I knew I couldn't justify why I thought so- when put on the spot (so to speak).


The words alone make it special.
"Most smile to conceal the pain, while others flick about with wandering eyes, trying to stay afloat from the Worlds demise"
It reminds me of Joy and Pain (yes I know)-the contrast of life "thing"- the rhymes by Wes (which put me in mind of Gil Scott Heron), the vocal of Raheem-the song itself, the whole sound, the fact you have to listen and think about it .  I missed my chance to tell him -you know?- I regret that.